Thursday, June 21, 2007

Maxin and Relaxin at the Columbus Zoo

For father's day this year, Doug said that all he wanted was to go out and play golf. Well, Doug definitely got his wish. Doug, his brother, mom, and dad all went out and enjoyed a full day of golf, playing 36 holes!

Meanwhile, my mom, Dean, Marcus, and I all went to the zoo. This was Marcus's first time at the zoo, and he LOVED it! He really was the most well behaved kid at the zoo--and I am not just saying that because I am his mother. ;)


I wasn't really sure how he would react to seeing the animals up close. So, a few days before we went to the zoo, I took Marcus to the WPL (Westerville Public Library), and checked out just about every book they owned on zoos and zoo animals. We spent the next couple days looking at pictures of lions, zebras, monkeys, etc. Well, I think that this definitely helped Marcus to appreciate seeing the animals, because every time he saw something he recognized from the books, he would laugh and squeal with delight.



It was also HOT the day we went to the zoo (mid 90's)...so I was worried about bringing a little baby out in the heat. However, once again, Marcus did great. I slathered him in SPF 45+, filled his stroller full of fun baby toys, gave him some baby "shades", and then gave him a little sippy cup full of crushed ices to sip on. (No, he's not spoiled at all!!) As you can see from the pictures, he was as cool as a cucumber.





Marcus also got to go on a Merry- go- Round for the first time that day. He was the youngest rider!

For more family pictures visit:
Holmes Family Photo Album

1 comments:

Tony Rugare said...

Cathy, this is great. I can't get over how much Marcus has grown since we last saw him. I've been using blogger also as " Museful".
Grandpa

LinkWithin

Click here to advertise now!
Click here to advertise now!
Click here to advertise now!
Click here to advertise now!
Advertise Now!

Vote For My Blog

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com